Beef Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
Those packets of pre-packaged ramen sure do come in handy when you want to eat RIGHT NOW. It takes just about 15 minutes cook this easy, insta-noodle meal.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 package ramen noodles discard or save the seasoning packet for another use
- 1/2 Tb coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 c mushrooms sliced
- 3 oz beef thinly sliced
- 2 ea green onion chopped
- 1 Tb oyster sauce
- 1/2 Tb sweet soy sauce such as kecap manis or dark soy sauce
Cook ramen noodles in boiling water according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat coconut oil in a pan to medium high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes with a sprinkle of salt until the mushrooms start getting limp and cooked through.
Add the garlic and beef. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the meat and mushrooms are cooked through.
Add the drained ramen noodles, oyster sauce, sweet soy sauce, and green onion. Gently stir over medium heat until the color from the sauce has distributed evently.
- This recipe works best in non-stick pan so those noodles don't stick, and you can stir them easily.
- If you don't have sweet soy sauce, substitute with 1/2 Tb soy sauce + 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Most any kind of beef cut can be used as long as it is thinly sliced, about 1/8" thick or less. Top round, flank steak, sirloin, etc. would be fine. To make slicing easier, it will need to be slightly frozen.
- Leftovers heated in the microwave are pretty good too.
- Try a whimsical pairing with Lambrusco, a sparkling Italian red wine.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 1223mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2.8mg