Smashed Cucumbers - Angry & Vegan
Everyone gets angry sometimes. Give garlic a well deserved break, and smash these cucumbers instead.
- 4 ea Japanese cucumbers or Persian variety
- 3 Tb Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground sichuan pepper or black pepper
- cilantro leaves for garnish
Smash cucumbers with the flat edge blade of a knife. Chop into 2 inch pieces.
Toss smashed cucumbers with black vinegar, salt, and a few grinds of sichuan pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
- Substitute with 1 1/2 English cucumbers if you can't find Japanese or Persian cucumbers.
- Store up to 3 days in the fridge, but they really do taste nice when this is freshly made.
Calories: 2kcal | Sodium: 581mg