Easy Kimchi & Pork Belly Stir Fry
This kimchi pork may look like a red hot mess, but it is a classic flavor combination that is captured in this simple stir fry with just 5 ingredients.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced pork belly 1/4" thick
- 1/4 ea onion sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 c kimchi preferably overfermented and sour
- 1 Tb ginger minced
- ea green onion Cut into 2" pieces
Heat pan to medium high heat. Add pork belly and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring until pork and onion are slightly browned. If there is excess oil from the pork belly, remove it before adding kimchi.
Add kimchi and cook for 3-5 minutes until kimchi is almost turning translucent.
Add ginger and green onion and cook for 1-2 minutes to remove rawness.
- If you don't have kimchi that has gone sour or over fermented, this still works with regular kimchi.
- If you are not using a nonstick pan, add a tsp of oil with the pork and onion to keep from sticking.
- If you prefer to keep it simple, skip the onion, ginger, and green onion. It still works, but I just like adding those vegetables if I have them.
- Kimchi varies so widely in flavor and saltiness. Stir fry in some soy sauce at the end if it needs more flavor.
- You could try this with bacon instead of plain pork belly, but it may be very, very salty.
Calories: 296kcal | Protein: 5g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 104mg | Iron: 0.3mg