Green Garlic Noodles
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 lb fresh Chinese noodles Shanghai noodles preferred
- 3 stalks green garlic or 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 c grassfed butter or vegan butter
- 2 Tb soy sauce
- 1 Tb dark soy sauce
- 1 TB brown sugar
Cook Shanghai noodles or other noodles according to instructions.
If using green garlic, wash and slice on the bias. Discard leafy stalks up top.
Heat butter over medium heat. Saute garlic until beginning to turn translucent 3-4 minutes.
Add cooked noodles. soy sauces, and brown sugar. Cook until noodles are heated through another 2-3 minutes.
- Use green garlic if you can find it in the spring time.
- If you don't have green garlic and want some additional color, chop 2 stalks of green onion and saute along with the minced garlic.
- If using minced garlic, make sure it is cooked in the cool for a good 1-2 minutes without burning. If you don't cook it long enough, it retains a sharp, raw, bitter flavor.
- Use a nonstick pan or well seasoned cooking pot so the noodles don't stick when you stir fry them.
- Top noodles with grated parmesan cheese or grano padano if you'd like. Some restaurants do this.
- Top with a whole steamed Dungeness crab if you really want to make it restaurant style.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 1201mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg