If you need more reasons to eat a wiener, this is it. Hot dog fried rice is real, for adults, and so easy to make. This is like an after school treat, but with a cold beer, it’s what every grown up needs.
Easy, 5-Ingredient Hot Dog Fried Rice
Do you have these 5 ingredients?
- Hot dog wieners
- Frozen peas
- Cooking oil
This just might work if so. If not, they should be fairly easy to find, so I’m expecting full participation.
Hot dog fried rice allows you to eat a hot dog but feels a little more advanced than eating an actual hot dog. And it’s just fun, isn’t it?
Tips for Hot Dog Fried Rice Glory:
- Use a non-stick frying pan to make your cleanup a lot easier. I use this one recommended by America’s Test Kitchen.
- Leftover, cold cooked rice from the fridge generally works better for fried rice. In a pinch, you can use hot rice, but it will clump up and harder to get each grain separated individually.
- Instead of whisking eggs in a separate bowl before cooking, you can do it in the pan itself. Saves 1 dish to clean.
Heat oil into pan over medium heat. Crack 2 eggs in the pan and stir until just cooked. Remove into a separate bowl or plate, such as the one you will eventually eat off of.
Put pan back onto the heat with more oil. Fry the hot dogs. Add the cold rice and salt. Fry until rice is heated through. Then add the frozen peas. Keep stirring until all ingredients are warmed through.
Add eggs back into the pan. Stir until combined over medium heat.
Serve in the pan or onto plates. Garnish with fresh squeezed ketchup and soy sauce if you like.
Marvel at how little there is to clean up. Return to busy adult activities.
This recipe is 5 ingredients, not including salt and garnishes. You have permission to use your own combination of veggies and meat. The technique is the same. You could also serve with a salad or steamed broccoli, but don’t forget the cold beer.
Easy, One Pan Hot Dog Fried Rice
- 3 tsp cooking oil we like coconut
- 2 ea eggs
- 2 ea hot dog wieners sliced 1/4" inch thin
- 4 c cooked rice leftover rice from the fridge works best
- 1/2 c frozen peas
- 1/4 tsp salt
Optional garnish: Ketchup and/or soy sauce
- Heat 1 tsp oil in non-stick pan on medium heat. Crack eggs into pan. Scramble in pan with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula. Stir until just cooked. Remove eggs from pan onto a separate plate, scraping out as much egg residue as possible.
- Put pan back on medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 tsp of oil and sliced hot dogs. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until rice is heated through about 4-5 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and salt. Continue stirring over medium heat until peas are heated through. Add eggs back to the pan. Stir to combine and serve.